The Legacy Rifle Match
is a fundraiser to help get the Arizona Juniors, The Scorpions, to the National Matches at Camp Perry.
The match is a 50 shot, 4 man team format. It is different from most matches in the fact that the Junior team does all of the target pulling and marking. Competitors do not have to go to the pits. The entire match is shot from the 200 yard line, using reduced targets for the prone stages. The slow fire stages are shot with block time for all 4 shooters to fire. The advantage of this is the entire match is completed in a little over 4 hours., and followed by an awards lunch. This is a beginner friendly match.
The 2018 Legacy Match will be held at Rio Salado Sportsmanâ€s Club in Mesa on April 21.
Tournament Information: Four man, 50 shot team match at 200 yards. Target pullers ARE PROVIDED as part of the match fee. Lunch follows the match and is included in the match fee. Additional people may attend the barbecue for $7.00 each. Profits from the match support Team Arizona Juniors at the National Rifle Matches at Camp Perry.
- Tournament Date & Time: SATURDAY, April 21, 2018. Squadding starts at 7:30 AM. The match will start at 8:00 AM.
- Sponsored by: Rio Salado High Power Division and Arizona Junior Rifle Team (ASRPA).
- Range Facility: Usery Mountain Shooting Range (Rio Salado), Mesa, Arizona.
- Entry Fee: $25.00 per shooter ($100.00 per team). Team Captain and/or coach does not have to be a firing member.
- Advance entries: Recommended, as the match may fill to capacity. Limited to 15 teams. Individuals may enter to be squadded on a “pick-up” team.
- Late Entries: Accepted up to the start of the match, as space permits.
- Cancellations: Full refund prior to April 13, 2018. No refunds afterward.
- Rules: NRA high power rifle rules apply.
- Rifle: Any service or match rifle meeting rules 3.1(a) thru (e) or 3.3.
- Course of Fire: Stage One: 70 minutes block time for all competitors to shoot 3 sighting shots in any position and 10 shots for record slow fire standing. Stage two: 10 shots rapid fire sitting in 60 seconds. Stage three: 10 shots rapid fire prone in 70 seconds. Stage four: 98 minutes block time for all competitors to shoot 20 shots slow fire prone.
- Targets: SR @ 200 yards for standing and rapid fire sitting. Reduced targets @ 200 yards are used for the prone stages.
- Target Pullers: Pullers are provided as part of the match fee.
- Classifications: NRA classifications not required.
- Prizes: Award medallions are issued for Match Winner/high individual, High Woman and High Senior. Team award medallions are issued for First, Second and Third place teams.
- For questions:
- Awards ceremony and lunch in the Activity Center following the match.
- Entry: $100 per team, $30 per individual shooter (includes puller & lunch). Extra meals $8.00
Click on the AR15 below to be connected to our secure shopping cart. SIGN UP TODAY AS SPACE IS LIMITED